I'm currently testing the beta version of yahoo mail and I have to say that I'm really impressed. The funtionality looks just like outlook. Including drag and drop messages into folders. Highlight multiple messages with shift or ctrl (and then drag/drop them to where you want them to go), and a preview pane. I'm sure pretty soon that you'll be able to sort messages by conversation as well (that's functionality that's already inside of outlook)
The beta is currently closed unless specifically invited, but I read a way to get yourself invited. If you're interested in trying it out check the instructions below:
- Login to your Yahoo Mail account
- click on options located at the top right of the screen
- click on account information located on the left hand side of the screen
- if prompted for a password enter it
- click the edit link next to member information
- Scroll down to "preferred content" and click on your current choice (most likely US english). On the next page change it to Yahoo United Kingdom and click finish.
- Agree to the terms of service.
- You should be back on your member information screen. click on finish.
- You should now have a screen inviting you to try the new yahoo beta.
If you don't like the beta you can switch out of it. (there's a link called switch back) and you can also change your settings back to the original settings and keep the beta.
Post a Comment